Friday 30 November 2012

Animation Playblasts


These are the animations I have made so far for my machinima module project.


The character is a stealth/espionage expert referred to only so far as 'the Ninja'; the apparent protagonist of the animation (though it is really unclear in the storyline who is the good guy and the bad guy). The ninja's job is to infiltrate a well protected space-ship and plant a bomb to destroy it, and so I have produced animations that revolve around the theme of being stealthy and subtle. I took inspiration from figures such as Rikimaru from the Tenchu game series, Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell and a few others.

This animation cycle shows the ninja in his idle sneaking stage; remaining hidden but not moving.





This is the animation cycle of the ninja moving in his sneaking state; remaining hidden whilst moving.



This is the animation cycle for the ninja running.



This is the animation cycle for the ninja charging with his arm in front of him, to knock aside potential threats.



This is the animation cycle of the ninja preparing something, and could be used for many things aside from this; rewiring or hacking a user interface console, but I made it so the ninja can be seen preparing the bomb.



This animation is specifically for the part where the ninja tells his enemies aboard the ship that he is unwilling to do as they ask.



After some feedback from other people I took note that some of the animations were a bit jumpy or stuttery, and I assumed that it fell to one animation in particular; the charge animation. So, I went back in and changed it to be less wobbly.



After that, I also noticed a lot of people liked the drop-down animation, below.




So I went back and made it better, having correcting some problems such as the arms going through the floor.






No comments:

Post a Comment