Thursday 29 September 2011

Photoshop

The photoshop induction proved to be very helpful and show me a few new tricks on the programme that will definitely facilitate the production of any work produced on photoshop. I was able to utilize these new skills and produce this picture. This included using a screen layer to introduce a planet in the atmosphere, something I was familiar with but not aware of in this potential as I previously used it in my snow effect. I also learned how to create realistic lightning using photoshop but didn't use it in this picture.

During my next photoshop session I was able to use a Wacom pen tablet and produced several images portraying Dorian, my developed character. It is my first time using a pen tablet in a long time and given my inexperience with it I am proud of my accomplishment. I feel I could do much better if I did it again however as I learned many techniques and shortcuts that would produce better artwork, that I learned through trial and error when producing this picture. I know with confidence that the next few pictures I produce on photoshop will not only look better but will be produced quicker altogether.

I finished with a facial portrait of Dorian that I primarily used to practice shading. The shot doesn't include the full width of his hat, and personally, he doesn't have the English aesthetic I try to keep him with. I personally think this is due to the stylised eyes I gave him in this picture, and the tanned skin tone. However, it taught me I should be consistent with the skin tone and hair colour and other aesthetic features that are unlikely to undergo a drastic change.

No comments:

Post a Comment