Tuesday 16 April 2013

CoP Practical

For my practical piece I decided to raise awareness on the effects of censorship; though it was the focus, I also couldn't help but bring in some elements of how the media control censorship as the media gaze and censorship are very closely tied together. It is something I have become more aware in since many of the things mentioned came to light and I learned a concerning amount whilst gathering information, pictures and relevant details to include in the film - some of which I didn't use.

Whilst this isn't my piece it is an image I used within it that demonstrate the differences between the USA and the rest of the world; interesting as the USA considers itself 'free' and prides itself on freedom, but happens to be censored in some cases without many being aware of it. Anything relevant to America which may portray it in a negative light is ignored.


This is the type of power censorship has and this is the power I wanted to bring to light and raise awareness of.


No comments:

Post a Comment