Monday 15 April 2013

SWOT

A SWOT analysis is something I have done for my work in the past and I thought I would take a moment to reflect on myself using SWOT criteria.

Strengths: I don't often get to harp on about what my strengths are, as I tend to acknowledge them to myself. If I had to pride myself on anything though it would be producing something I could have pride in if I invest the effort. I think I have sufficient drive and knowledge to take me to the places I want to go.

Weaknesses: My two greatest setbacks are I feel is my consistently varying levels of motivation and time management. I could leave a lot of things to the last minute, and I could still make something I could be happy with, but I will acknowledge that I could have produced something better if I had spent my time sparingly.

Opportunities: I think my opportunities lie in making use of the resources in class in my spare time, developing my own skills and knowledge with programs like After Effects and Maya for personal projects as well as course related work. I have done this for Photoshop already since acquiring it and my art skills quickly improved. I aim to improve my art skills still, as well as play around with the potential of After Effects.

Threats: The biggest threat right now is failing to reflect on the realisations I have found in this self analysis. I think I am capable in most of what I do, but I ought to strive to be more than capable or potential, and broaden the range of things I am proficient in.

Evaluation:

Overall I think I still have a long way to go in terms of self improvement, but I have learned a lot over the last year already and I think I can only ever improve. I think that I were to do the work I had already done I could complete it to a high standard, and I feel that I could do even better if I invested more effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment