Wednesday 20 March 2013

Useful Resources

I have acquired a few books which I think might be useful to developing my abilities in animation.



Animation from Pencils to Pixels: Classical Techniques for the Digital Animator by Tony White

The book not only covers many topics of 2D animation, as many concepts and information in here is relevant to 3D animation as well, and as you can see the subjects can get very specific in perfecting animation for standalone bodyparts like the hands, or arms. There is also information and advice on getting a job, ensuring the contracts you take out are well informed and not liable to deception e.g securing a full rights clause to a film in the contract so that it cannot be sold to someone else for more money once you find the financial funding. There are tips on networking, portfolio and showreel advice, and more information to help improve your animation in one book than I thought possible. I'll be referring to this book a lot where animation is relevant.

The Fundamentals of Animation by Paul Wells.





This book is similar to the one above but more relevant to all forms of animation rather than just 2D. However I believe it is equally useful as I now have books on niche and general areas of study in the realm of animation and can make use of whichever one I need. It covers everything from environment to character design, to the role an animator has as a director or an editor, as well as a full detailed walkthrough of every stage behind developing an animation, from initial concept ideas to finished production.

1 comment:

  1. It’s a blog with full of latest and spectacular information on 2D Animation Studios This blog has helped me to gain much more information. I would like to appreciate the blog owner for his efforts.

    ReplyDelete