Friday 8 March 2013

Film ideas

When coming up for ideas for the kind of film I wanted to make I knew I wanted to make something that would fit to my style and taste and most notably, I felt as the brief pointed out, my sense of humour. This was the chance for me to make a film as weird as I wanted it to be so I didn't want to hold back. However, I didn't want to go for anything too complex. So I set about coming up with ideas.



These were the designs I started out with. I felt that, however, even on a glance, these would be difficult models for be to realistically build and rig and time consuming to texture. I didn't want to make an ominous or evil film either, so I opted for something a little more lighthearted in my other drawings. Out of the other initial sketches I was reminded of an alien I had drawn years ago called a 'moonbaby'. I don't know why it was called that but that's what I decided to call this alien. I set to work perfecting and defining moonbaby anatomy.


This was the first picture I did. The most notable features being the nostrils, puffed cheeks and the single tooth from the upper jaw. The grey was inspired by the typical grey alien design, as were the black eyes. I feel that a more humorous alien is the right approach to go for in my film and I intend to develop it further.

No comments:

Post a Comment