Friday 8 March 2013

Film Ideas, Environment

I had ideas in my head on what I wanted to do for my environment and it eventually came to form what I call the arena, or the stadium. It is a vast room inside the alien spaceship in which those who are beamed up from the ground are sent to. They are then observed and what happens from there I would get around to in my storyline. 





The idea was that the person teleported on board the ship would have nowhere to run and instantly be seen, so it was at first kind of scary. Also being at the center of attention gave me the idea for there to be lots and lots of aliens surrounding the person. This was fine as my alien is a very simple model, but having a lot of them would be troublesome or take up a lot of memory in Maya. I thought there would definitely be a workaround to this, however, and decided to go ahead with the idea.

The theme of the ship is very metallic, grey, black and white, and I'm finding it hard to liven up; the lights only do so much. But I think that adding too much colour will give it too much of a contrast to the grey aesthetic of the aliens. At the end of the day, if it's supposed to be grey looking, I'll keep it grey looking, but I will try to make up for it in maya with exciting textures and bump maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment