Friday 8 March 2013

Modelling the Alien

As only the neck of the head of the alien would be visible because of them being in a large crowd I felt there was little point animating a body, especially because they have such long necks to begin with. I started out with a sphere, extruded the bottom and reshaped vertices until I had the rough head shape.


For the eyes I created two spheres and expanded them slightly to be more like the ovals they are in the concept art.  I also manipulated more vertices around the mouth to create the high cheeks, checking smooth preview often to check if it moved realistically.




This is the mouth. At the moment the lips are fully opened but I need to expand the vertices inside it so that it looks like it has a throat that can swallow something.

Also, I am concerned as I am using the lambert1 texture and it looks almost identical to the alien in the concept art so I don't want to change it, but without a texture it will pass off as being lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment