Friday 8 March 2013

Moonbaby Variations


I did some other ideas for the moonbaby design, but I thought it was worth reflecting on why I did hte plain one I did.

For the first one, the one with green and pink hair, it is personally my favourite. However, again it was tied into the idea that all the aliens were different in some way. As I wanted huge crowds, unless I made many, duplicates would be found and I didn't want that. Also I didn't want blocky shaped hair but natural looking hair which I can't make in Maya, so I rejected the first two.

The one with a horn on it's head I nearly chose just because it's strange to see something bleed from it's own horn. The idea was that it was a bit like Wolverine and his claws, able to extend or retract the claw. I think that this would have been a pain to model though, and for what it was worth, it would have been a lot of effort. I felt no real reason for there to be a horn anyway.

The third and fourth designs are just different colours, and I gave the pink one glasses to make it look more nerdy or smart. I don't know why but it was worth a shot, just in case I liked it.

The last one, I gave ears and a 'Squidward nose', based off the Squidward character from Spongebob Squarepants. I also gave him large, elf like ears, and kept him as the typical grey colour. I felt that the rounded features of the original design were the most original though, it began to look less like an alien and more like a long necked goblin.

No comments:

Post a Comment