Thursday 24 July 2014

Model Development II





I don't particularly like the modelling phase, but I like the animating. This is the poltergeist after he was given a skeleton, although at this point I was still having trouble with the controllers and so had to pose him without the use of them - which was easy enough.

The textures I had made in Mudbox worked perfectly, and binding the rig to the mesh using heat mapping - which to my knowledge is a new feature of Maya 2014, dramatically reduced the amount of weight painting necessary. In contrast to the last humanoid model I built it is much cleaner.

Though more work could have been done on the hands in the modelling, rigging and animation processes all, I knew he wouldn't be using his fingers so much - even so, his fingers are functional as independently posable extremities.


No comments:

Post a Comment