Thursday 24 July 2014

Rift Concept Art Contest Part II


Unfortunately one of the things I couldn't find out from the rules section of the contest was whether we could submit more than one application. I decided not to risk it though, nor spread out my time and attention amongst many creations.

We were given templates to work with and asked to create either a cloak, staff or sword. I wasn't all that interested in creating a cloak, simply since I find creating weapons to be far more interesting! I was originally going to opt to make a staff but instead settled on creating a sword.

I needed to reflect on the criteria I had to live up to. I do play Rift occasionally, and so I wasn't as alienated from the game and the contest as I could have been. Each entry is graded out of 10 on creativity, visual portrayal and overall Rift feel. I was content that I could capture all of these, and what I wanted to produce was already manifesting inside my head, and it was simply a matter of producing it.

I acquired a template and set to work, knowing what I wanted to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment