Thursday 24 July 2014

Model Development



This is the nightmare model, rigged with joints in it's upright posed. It is posed resembling a snake or a cobra in it's attack position, as this makes it seem threatening and dangerous.

One of the problems I had when making this was getting the joints bound and constrained correctly. At first I simply tried parenting one to the other, forgetting that I needed to constrain them. I realised this was an error when I came to see some of the joints simply vanishing after being parented, leaving them unconnected. I then tried constraining them, but they did not respond to the controllers I had set up. This is because I was still using the earlier method of parenting - in terms of which one was child to the other. I was clicking the joint as the child and then the controller as the parent, but for whatever reason, this meant the controller couldn't control the joint first. When I tried it the other way round, it finally managed to work.

I lost quite a few hours working around this problem, but overall I feel that learning the workaround for myself was ultimately progressive to my development and proficiency in using maya.

No comments:

Post a Comment