Saturday 28 January 2012

3D Animation - The Incident at Tower 37

http://www.snotr.com/video/7271/The_Incident_at_Tower_37

Using this website has been a great resource for me and I managed to find another hidden gem amongst 3D animations. This short by '10 bit Films' is noticeable more focused on cinematography to tell the story and it agreeably tells a subtle message. The animation is credited primarily to Chris Bishop and Harry Thompson, as well as seven other animators. I found it well animated and the quiet sound of the animation made it somewhat tense and I found myself in a state of consistant curiosity. Because of the lack of dialogue, the character actions, facial expressions and soundtrack are paramount for telling the story. The narrative is somewhat slow to understand but I don't agree that the animation is dragged out unnecessarily. The length of the animation is perhaps one of my favourite things about it. The planning and investment that go into producing longer animations mean that it will be very well considered.

Whilst I don't say that to imply that shorter films are rushed and untidy, longer animations have a more cinematic experience. It also means that the story is more in-depth, and I would rather watch an animation with a well thought out story that will stay with me for a while, rather than leave me slightly amused for a small period of time before I disregard it.

No comments:

Post a Comment