Tuesday 31 January 2012

Beginning to Film

After the instructional videos we were asked what roles we preferred when making the videos. Divided into post production, director, producer, camera and storyboarding, I joined a group as a director willing to act in the films. I did this for two reasons. Firstly, I would like to think I can make decisions quickly and work to get the most out of a situation and take whatever opportunities I could get. I trust myself more than other people to make decisions that will be beneficial but not necessarily always the best decision. Secondly I have acted for film projects before, namely in college for a friend's film studies project.

 I consult with the rest of the group often and tried to encourage collaboration, e.g everyone creating and discussing a storyboard, carrying out a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis, and make joint decisions on the art direction whilst referring to the storyboard and the storyboard artist. Compromises were made every so often but I feel the end result to what we will get done is beyond what I or any one person could achieve on their own.

The storyboard I suggested was this, but in the end we decided to go with another groupmember's storyboard in pursuit of a more narrative driven storyline after feedback from other course members. We produced each storyboard by taking the most important words out of the most important lines in the poem and agreed that we would build our scenes to reflect the themes within these words.




We developed the storyboard we chose with scene explanations and how we might portray them as I did with mine.





No comments:

Post a Comment