Friday 17 January 2014

Character Design III


These are silhouettes of character designs that I came up with earlier on in the design process. I wanted to extend my range for character ideas as wide as possible, and so looked into areas such as antagonist and protagonist roles, stereotypes and archetypes, humanoids and anthropomorphic creatures.

However I realised that there was little point overcomplicating the task and noted that a human design would be the easiest to identify and would best demonstrate the effects of design I am trying to showcase.

I opted to go with the top-middle design of the floating, robe-clad figure. Since I produced both male and female variants of each design, it was simply a case of sticking a portrait / head of one of the characters I had designed and going ahead with that as a character.

No comments:

Post a Comment