Friday 17 January 2014

Character Designs II

These are all alternative character designs that I came up with. I wanted a wide range of characters in order to test ideas, but ultimately came to the conclusion that I would be better off with simply sticking to one design and exploring it in detail, although by that point I had already done these and decided to see what I could learn from them.

I used photographic references for the second character which allowed me to remain accurate as far as the proportions went, whereas the first character is slightly stylized with larger eyes. Using photo references was certainly helpful, but only for one side of the design process; coming up with two separate designs for the same character would require I reflect on the proportions appropriate for each design.




No comments:

Post a Comment