Friday 17 January 2014

Character Designs

Creating my own character and demonstrating the differences in visual design in different games means I effectively have to come up with two designs for each character. However, it is simply adapting the character into two different aesthetic appeals - one that fits into a game better suited for mature video games, and one that does not. I decided I would start myself off by drawing this character in these two different styles.




The absence of colour is a primary factor as to why I may not have achieved the desired effect. It is likely because the proportions are still the same, despite the increased level of shading detail in what was to be the more realistic drawing. But even so this is still a success for me because it demonstrates another way in which the look of a character can be affected - through external, dynamic variables such as environment and lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment