Monday 24 October 2011

Environment Design

Blizzcon, Blizzard Entertainment's games convention, was held over the recent weekend and some interesting pictures were revealed of their work-in-development that I found relevant to my own work. It included  plans and designs for environments and gave me a good idea of industry standard environment planning, which gave me useful insight into what else I should include if I produce more environmental design work.



Some of the features I like the most are a short preview of the 'side view' from a different angle, as demonstrated in the plan above. This would give the game developers a better idea of the perspective and general appearance of the area that would otherwise not be informed. I would appreciate extra knowledge such as this when designing an area as a commission and would greatly consider using it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment