Tuesday 25 October 2011

An Inspirational Concept Artist 5 - Min Yum

Min Yum is an artist who's work I came across recently and I found some of the artwork produced to be very detailed and inspiring, and the artwork succeeds in setting a certain mood that the artist is intending to convey. Min Yum's work differs to other artists I have seen so far because of this very high level of detailed illustration, which are almost photoreal in their accuracy of shading, lightning, and portraying textures.


The pictures also manage to let some of the narrative become realized; each of the pictures holds some sort of story. Whilst the details of the story are unimportant, the nature of it is composed by the character's positions, and what they are doing.



There is another piece of artwork Min Yum produced that doesn't hold the same level of detail but I still find it accurately portrays the scenery and landscapes. I feel that the level of detail in the pictures above, whilst I can appreciate and admire it, is somewhat unneeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment