Monday 24 March 2014

Poltergeist Design

So I made some quick designs for the poltergeist's suit. They are mostly a test of aesthetic and colour, textures and general appearance, but I have the idea that it is uniform in it's presentation and technologically advanced. It is made of prominently two materials depending on where it need to be on the body - e.g protective and thermal layers or coverings.


First I started off with the design alone in grey and added shading and lighting afterwards to give it some depth and I like the way it turned out. It is void of much detail for the time being as that can come later and I first want to get the shape right. The lights that run over the body are supposed to function as veins that deliver energy from the power core in the chest to the rest of the suit, sort of like Iron Man's suit - only it functions more like a second skin more than a suit of armour.

I also developed the armband concept further, elaborating on how it is worn and where the weapon might be located and how it is fired - as well as a similar Iron Man like weapon on the hand. Whether I will opt for that I'm not so sure but I do like the idea of how the textures are placed to function for extra grip on the palm side of the hand, as over the palm and fingers there is a more rough texture. Over the back side of the hand there is a darker plate of material over the knuckles and bend of each finger, as well as a length along the arm which functions like a chain capable of blocking sharp, blade like objects.

I also toyed with colour for the sake of it, and opted to use colours I typically associate with space - yellows, reds, and blues. Whilst only rough, I am particularly keen on the blue, but I also like the idea of orange. It may not be wise to combine them as they are both opposite colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment