Tuesday 27 March 2012

Amnesia; the Dark Descent Film Trailer

For the context of practice practical piece of work I decided to take a video game I have an interest in, Amnesia, the Dark Descent, and make a film trailer out of it. I would contextualize what I found in my essay regarding the importance of typography and how the right typography is needed to properly associate what is read with the reasons it is read for. I also made note of the importance of sound, and gathered many, many sound clips, music files, and experimented with a lot of them before finally creating this version, without music. I believe this minimalistic approach to horror films more accurately reflects the psychological horror factor in Amnesia and is a better representation of a horror film teaser trailer.





Here is the first version, which shows standardized font which doesn't have the same impact, and music, which whilst I felt worked quite well, seemed to stutter and thought it was better off without it, as it did not create the right atmosphere I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment