Monday 26 March 2012

Voice Acting - Regina King

Regina King stars as the voice of two main characters in The Boondocks, an Adult Swim animated series based on Aaron McGrudger's comic strip. I have had an interest in voice acting for a while and I want to give it a try. Among my favourites are Phil LaMarr, who did Vamp in Metal Gear Solid but most importantly for me, played Samurai Jack. Mako, who did Aku in Samurai Jack and also Iroh in The Last Airbender, and David Hayter, who acted as Solid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid series.


This is a behind the scenes look at how the voice acting was directed and produced for The Boondocks by Regina King and even includes some animatics and examples of particularly good voice work in various episodes. She also describes some of the processes behind voice acting which are often just as much about being mentally confident and in the zone as it is about being physically confident and willing.

I'd like to give voice acting a go myself some time and there have been plenty of opportunities in the past where I could have done it, but as mentioned it is likely just a confidence issue I hope to overcome. I think if I wait a few years I'd be a little more suited for it.

Additionally there is another video with John Witherspoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment