Monday 26 March 2012

Archetype - Aaron Sims + The Chase - Philippe Gamer

Archetype is a short film utilizing CGI animation. It is very realistic and the storyline appears to be that of a robot that malfunctions and believes it has a family like a human. This obviously triggers some questions as the robot was brought in for questioning after it produced a large EMP explosion that it shouldn't be capable of doing. Directed and written by Aaron Sims and produced by White Rock productions, I learned that from this short film a feature length version is being set for production and I anticipate it's arrival. The description from the snotr link is as follows:

RL7 is a two-meter tall comba robot that goes on  the run after malfunctioning with vivid memories of once being human. As its creators and the military close in, the RL7 battles its way to uncovering the shocking truth behind its mysterious visions and past.

http://www.snotr.com/video/8986/Archetype_by_Aaron_Sims

http://www.snotr.com/video/8979/The_Chase

I also found this animated video of a police chase, chasing four female presumed protagonists. The effects and cinematography are all praiseworthy, especially the part where they drive around the circle road and the police cars end up falling and dropping. The camera angles are very off set and give the impression of imbalance. I would not have done the same myself but now that I have seen what such angles can do to your interpretation of a scene I will be keeping my eye out for similar angles in other animations and films I come across. Of course, the funniest thing about this particular animation is the ending, and it carries a nice message that I intend to live by: you don't stop having fun because you grow old, you grow old because you stop having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment