Monday 26 March 2012

Wacom Inkling


I came across this as a link from my brother and found it very interesting. It appears to be a tablet that scans pen and pencil drawings on paper, or records them, and is able to reproduce them digitally. Rather than scramble my brain figuring out exactly how this works, I could see the practicality of it. You could do your drawings anywhere and re-upload them anywhere, meaning I could even do my drawing work outside if it was sunny. I also happen to be able to draw better on paper than I can with a pen tablet on a computer, so if I were able to scan drawings like this directly into a computer it may be of great help to me. Whilst obviously there are more benefits to it than this, these are the immediate ones I can think of.

I can't think of many drawbacks, only one being you need to use the same pen. At first I thought you could use any pen but it hardly changed my opinion when I realized that was the case. That also gave me some insight into how it works. I'm considering getting one myself, but I rarely ever buy things unless I'm in dire need of them, except with food perhaps. Still, I was unaware at one point this technology and product even existed, and it is good to know what potential and capable products are on the market today.

No comments:

Post a Comment