Wednesday 8 February 2012

3D Animation - The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr Morris Lessmore

http://www.snotr.com/video/8752/The_Fantastic_Flying_Books_of_Mr_Morris_Lessmore

This is a brilliant short film with an enjoyable length, well considered cinematography and narrative, an appropriate music score and creative original ideas throughout.

I found the story to be quite moving and took note of the consistant changes in colour to reflect the atmosphere and mood. There is nothing I particularly enjoy the most about the animation because it is near flawless, my only criticism being I like a little more action. It has a little bit of everything in it.

It has been nominated for an Oscar for the animated short film category, and I believe it would be well deserved it it wins, though I wouldn't know of many other animations capable of challenging it unless I simply have yet to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment