Thursday 9 February 2012

Progressive Maya Work

I went back to my old, earlier versions of my work to analyse and evaluate my progression and it's fair to say I've gone a long way from where I started.


I made many different saves in case I lost anything or needed to restart it, or wanted to do another version of it. I had files of the car tyres and the signs so I could import them into my main scene, and many different versions of the car I made, saving a different version when I made significant enough progress, e.g the original car model, the coloured car, coloured car with windows and a final model car.

I made a few playblasts of the animations that I built upon and around, environment included, in order to do my animation.



In this I'm not using the coloured version of the car I didn't like, and rather than reanimate it with the coloured car, just left the grey one as a placeholder. I eventually found the colour I wanted, as evidenced in the final animation. But this looked more pink than red, despite using UV mapping to colour it. I eventually just went with a red Maya blinn.



Here you can see the animation really getting it's barings. The crates being smashed into allows the car to slow down as it goes up the ramp (and it also looks pretty awesome whilst it's doing it). This was to make the scene a bit more exciting and simply test my own skills. I had encountered a MASSIVE problem at this point, I couldn't get the car and the tyres to be angled as one as I hadn't grouped them. When I learned how I went back and keyframed in the angles so that the car and the ramp aligned to be parallel, instead of the car remaining unnaturally horizontal as it went up the ramp, flew through the air and landed.


Here you can still see a lack of background, something I realised I needed to include one way or another, but just kept focused on the road it would drive along and that I would build the environment as necessary around it. This means I am not limited as I make the animation by the environment. I used a UV mapping desert texture I ended up not using as I didn't like it compared to another one that I made later on. I also changed the sign by removing the rectangular sign underneath the circular part, as I didn't feel it necessary to include more writing on the sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment