Thursday 22 May 2014

Brushes


Here are some of the custom brushes I've been using for a while.

Some of them are ones I have made such as the mountains, whereas others like the hair have been downloaded. Whether I download new brushes or not mostly comes down to necessity - whether I feel like I need it or not. Rather than use a brush to achieve a certain effect, I would like to learn how to create that effect without the use of a specific brush. That said, it is more efficient to use a brush sometimes, and I don't like turning a blind eye to efficiency.

I think I have stayed true to the promise I made myself a year ago about making more use out of custom brushes, but I have also learned the dangers of relying on them. Instead, I have learned to use them as a supplement to my artwork, but not as a means of creating my actual artwork. They are a means to end, but not a means to fill in the blanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment