Wednesday 14 May 2014

Environment Development I




This is the cave environment I came up with for the animation. I originally wanted more staligmites and stalactites, but with the camera shots I wanted to use, having too many would be an inconvenience because they would be in the way - either in the way of the character, or the camera, or of the rest of the environment.

There are spotlights that simulate light shining through small holes from the surface. Overall the area is meant to be darker than the outside, which makes it look more natural.

Overall there isn't much more to do to a cave environment. I will be adding the celestialite in After Effects, but I did use a small polygon pyramid in game to test representing where it could, would or should be - likely under one of the lights.

The character will enter the cave in the second half of the animation. The first half will take place on the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment