Wednesday 14 May 2014

Early Nightmare Model



Here is an earlier version of the alien. It is different mostly because of it's tail, the realisation that it needed to be longer, and a number of other things such as the large task of adding additional edges in order for the mesh to be suitable for painting in Mudbox.

I didn't like the tail because even in the earlier storyboards I had, I knew I wanted to use it's tail to hit the poltergeist, and the spike-like end wasn't suited for this. Even so, I'm glad I tested it and saw it visualised.


I had referred to the designs I had produced earlier when it came to deciding on a tail.

But I also neglected to include horns, as I could not find a way of modelling them that I was happy with, and because I found the overall design of the alien not to be significantly impacted. I didn't include eyes either, because these initial ideas came from back when I was still planning on the alien having eyes before settling on a more final design, where it does not have eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment