Wednesday 14 May 2014

Environment Development III


I made the environments using a different way than I otherwise would have. I used a heightmap with the surfaces creator in Maya.


I used the same image as a bump-map, which created a realistic looking hill range. I adjusted the colour to another shade of grey and then used an option in maya which made it glow slightly, which made it look like it is reflecting sunlight.

Overall it was an easy process and one I will more than likely use again in the near future if necessary.

After doing some research into creation terrain, this is the guide I used and found.


The process uses DEM images, or a digital elevation model, which seem almost to be height map photographs taken from space. They are easy to create or find.


No comments:

Post a Comment