Wednesday 9 May 2012

Beta Testing My Level

The feedback I got from a beta testing session of my game level yielded mostly one result; I needed to introduce some box colliders to stop people falling or going into places they shouldn't go, and places I don't intend for them to go. Most of the criticism was this suggestion alone; I'm hoping people did not simply repeat what was said above unless they believe it needed re mentioning and was truly the only criticism they could see, aside from other small inconveniences and quick fixes such as cubes I had attached sounds too I had not disabled the mesh renderer on so they were still visible.

 I added a bit more lighting as some said it was a bit too dark, and expanded the play area a little as some said it wasn't the right size. Most fixes were quick and it was otherwise alot of positive feedback. Other feedback got was positive; atmosphere was praised as were textures. Sound and use of minor, trivial, but contributive assets was also noted.

I have since introduced a bump-mapped asset or two to simply demonstrate I'm capable of doing it as well as it looking a bit better than being un-bump-mapped. 

I have acted on all the feedback I've gotten and now my environment is a much more playable, and interesting place to be, with most of the annoyances and bugs corrected and fixed.




No comments:

Post a Comment