Thursday 6 December 2012

Concept to Model Comparison


Here is the newer version of the concept art image I did for the ninja character, with updated line-art and generally more distinguished colour. Aside from colour being the main difference, in many different ways; the model is black and red whereas this concept art depicts it as silver, grey and purple, there is very little difference between them except the shoulder guards, the decision behind removing them I have already explained.

In short, when referring to my character research and reference images, I wanted to give the  character a very humanoid, un-armoured look, as I feel it detracts from his aesthetic as an agent of espionage.

I still feel I have managed to keep the space-age feel of the character whilst he is explicitly not a simple gun-man or soldier with a talent for hiding. I think the colour scheme is important because it gives him both identity and anonymity. I felt that he contrasted well to the dark environment the machinima was set in and it sealed his place as a character that has stayed true to the original concept art.



No comments:

Post a Comment