Wednesday 5 December 2012

The Character



Having compiled my ideas I came up with this character. I experimented with colour themes in order to see if  the visual impact it had helped shape the identity of the character and the role they would play in the film, which I found to be exactly the case.

The first version I produced was a simple standing character that I would use for reference when developing it in Maya. It is an older version of the concept art but visually no different from the below character image I worked on afterwards, aside from a few tweaks and the removal of the shoulder guards.

The shoulder guards I felt would only herald clipping issues in the various poses I intended to animate the character in, and substituted them instead for the small spikes on each shoulder. The red and black theme also makes the character appear more sinister and lethal, which is hardly going to ruin any ninja's career prospects.

Simply referred to as The Ninja, he would play as the antagonist of the guards on the ship, seeking to interrupt whatever business they have going on there. On that note, it's unclear as to who is the 'good guy' and the 'bad guy' in the current machinima storyline, but I think that only makes it better, as we're left to our own devices about what is going on and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment