Thursday 6 December 2012

Camera

One of the props I did for the machinima was the camera.

I did roughly two sheets of design but lost them to file corruption. The idea behind the camera is that it can move along a sort of rail along the ceiling, whereas it's spherical shape allows it to look in any direction unhindered.


The sphere and camera are the same object; there are two more objects to the camera, a beveled square block and a pentagon surrounding the sphere that looks like it holds it in.

It didn't take long to prepare or animate or make, though I believe it did it's job well if only to be on screen for a very small amount of time. This use of prop efficiency I think is rare, as there are few such things that can convey so much narrative in so short amount of time. I could and would have made additional props had I more time that could or would contribute to the same effect.

Another prop necessary for perhaps one scene alone was the bomb planted by the ninja, made by another groupmember.

No comments:

Post a Comment