Wednesday 22 May 2013

Chris Wahl Brushes

http://chriswahlartbrushes.blogspot.co.uk/

This generous artist has made many many brushes for anyone to use, professionally or not. Chris Wahl has created a range of brushes that have limitless potential because of their variety; hard and soft shapes that I am already coining ways to use.





Needless to say this intrigues me greatly and I'll be trying them out at my earliest convenience! I especially like the brush on the last picture, the second one along from the left. It looks very much like hair and I think it would make drawing the hair as part of designing characters much easier.

I think this has made me realize how I can use photoshop as more than just a digital drawing board as I previously had. I haven't been making use of it's features such as being able to import new brushes or create new ones. As a practitioner I feel empowered by the potential possibilities already and I feel like this may just give me the edge and motivation to improve beyond my current skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment