Wednesday 22 May 2013

Text Sections


The animation will have several intersections of words like this, which help define and explain the story; I think I needed more illustrations to tell the story in a fully visual manner, or voices, and I didn't have as as much time to prepare them. I used After Effects to produce it and consists of two text layers of the same size and colour. They blur in and out with a gaussian blur effect whilst a radial blur dampens and moves the text slightly, making it look somewhat like the text is being lit up by candle light. The source of this light looks like it is moving as the center is keyframed to gradually change over the course of the tet's appearance.

I'd like to think that these sections don't detract too much from the story and instead help add or explain it without ruining the mood. They are set in quotation marks and I think the text augments and facilitates the pictures, rather tan the pictures giving meaning to the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment